Pakistan (1 Viewer)

jaytheguru

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:09
Well here's an interesting turn of events.

The President of Pakistan has moved his country from democracy to military dictatorship simply so he can stay in power.

He's claiming there will be new elections in January. I'll wait to see if that happens. Absolute power has a tendancy to be habit forming.

As far as I understand Democracy cant work in countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh etc. The biggest reason is illetracy. Mostly people say it is the pourty which is the cause of this but in my opinion it is illetracy.

If you watch Pakistan Tele, you'll see most of the time in big rallies, politicians gather illiterate people and they are controlled by politicians body guards. There is always a guy behind the speaker who raises his hands whenever he wants public to clap. The general public is a gunie pig really who has no right to speak or express their views.

Pakistan had 2 big political parties, PPP and ML (N) and look both of them have filled their bank accounts and did good enough for Pakistan that it needs other country support to run itself.

Musharaf started very well, by getting those courrpt top rank people and accounted them but then over time he became the part of them. This happend ever since he join America with their so called "Terror War" which is never going to end.

Pakistan always has a history of changing politians, meaning the policies changes so rapidly that people can't operate properly. If politican A comes in he/she removes all the policies of politican B policies.

It is a big mess. Pakistan needs a strong and powerful PM who can change things.

rsmonkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:09
democracy may not be able to directly intervene but their are no self sustaining coutries especially countries like pakistan who do rely quite heavily on foreign import & trade thus countries such as the US and Uk have a slow stranglehold similary the UN can impose sanctions and prevent any foreign import from any UN contry... blah blah blah etc...

It is a big mess. Pakistan needs a strong and powerful PM who can change things.

hmmm dont you think Pervez Musharraf is doing exactly that? If anything the country needs a complete political reform.. a strong leader yes but a strong leader born of a political party that propotionally represents the countries interests the problem is no country has got this right.. britain has been working at it for the last couple hundred years and yet our parliment is full of lieing money grabbing tossers...

R

Rich

As far as I understand Democracy cant work in countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh etc. The biggest reason is illetracy. Mostly people say it is the pourty which is the cause of this but in my opinion it is illetracy.

How does it work in the largest democracy on earth then, i.e. India?:confused:

jaytheguru

Registered User.
Local time
Like Benizir Bhutto? or Imran Khan?

Col

Benizir is the biggest courrpt politician! there are cases which are clearly showing her courrption.

Imran Khan, he will never be pm coz he is not that strong in Pakistan. Pakistan needs an Industrialists or someone who has enough money in his account that he doesn't need to fill his pockets with more money but instead wish to grow the country. I cannot tell who could be the one but I can say whoever loves his country and has right tactics, he/she can take the country ahead.

jaytheguru

Registered User.
Local time
How does it work in the largest democracy on earth then, i.e. India?:confused:

India shows itself as democratic country just like China shows itself as a communist country, in reality they are not.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
India is as democratic as the United States

We all know the states isn't democratic, what with censored TV and a dictator in power. Sadly, the Americans haven't twigged it yet.

Maybe when the Chinese are walking up Pensylvania Ave they'll catch on.

Col

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:09
give me one example which explains that USA is a democratic state in true terms.

Did Bush steal the election in 2000. Quite possibly.

Did the Democrats regain majorities in both Houses of Congress in 2006. Yes.

Unless you're saying the Democrats stole the election in 2006, you have your answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom