Parameter Problem (1 Viewer)

mitchem1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:50
Using Access 2007. When I run my report, it prompts for a beginning and ending date as it should. However, it also prompts for 3 fields that are no longer included in the report or the query (they were at one time). The query runs fine and prompts for beginning and ending date only. I looked in Sorting and Grouping as recommended by an eariler post but can't find anything there. Can't figure this out. Thanks.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 14:50
I would use the Free V-Tools' Total Deep Search to find where the references are happening in the report.

mitchem1

Registered User.
Local time
Total Deep Search did find references to the 2 offending fields, but I still don't see how to fix the problem.

One reference was found in Sub Object - Group Level 0, Location - .ControlSource. The other was found in Sub Object - Group Level 2, Location - .ControlSource.

If I double click the the search result, it will open the report and display Group, Sort, and Total at the bottom of the screen, but I still don't see any reference to either field.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Total Deep Search did find references to the 2 offending fields, but I still don't see how to fix the problem.

One reference was found in Sub Object - Group Level 0, Location - .ControlSource. The other was found in Sub Object - Group Level 2, Location - .ControlSource.

If I double click the the search result, it will open the report and display Group, Sort, and Total at the bottom of the screen, but I still don't see any reference to either field.

That result means that you have two controls on the report which is referencing those fields in their control sources.

mitchem1

Registered User.
Local time
Must be hiding somewhere but I sure can't figure out where. I deleted every control on the report but 1 (date) and it still prompts for the 2 fields in question.

lcook1974

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:50
What about in the query for the report? I've deleted fields before that were on a sort and that field showed up in the "properties" portion of the query.

may want to check that. :)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
If you still can't find it, perhaps you would upload it here and we'll take a look (remember to include BOGUS data).

rmm13

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:50
I've been finding this a lot creating reports in Access 2007 - I found that for some reason when the Record Source was added in the reportWizard - it was also picking up a set of Parameters in the "Order By" field. Check out the Data tab in the Property Sheet for the Report, they maybe in the Order by row.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 22:50
Good thinking rmm13. Or in the Filter property too. If you have some code in your reports check that too, however, that wouldn't prompt it would error out. Still worth checking.

mitchem1

Registered User.
Local time
Hello All,
Thank you for all of your ideas. Unfortunately, I still can't figure this out. I am going to attempt to upload the database (front and back ends).
I have a report called rptContractsByDateFinalized. The source is qryContractsByDateFinalized. Originally, the user wanted to use a beginning date and ending date as criteria for the column DateFinalized. I used this for criteria in the query: Between [Enter beginning Date Finalized] And [Enter ending Date Finalized]. Then the user decided he wanted all records 5 years or older than a specified date. So I switched the criteria to this: <=DateAdd("m",-60,[Enter Date]). When I run the query, works like a charm. When I run the report, it prompts for Enter Date as it should. However, it then prompts for Enter beginning Date Finalized and Enterending Date Finalized which are no longer a part of the query. The V - Total Deep Search is finding references in the report but I sure can't figure it out. Sorry for the long description and thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• Dead_File_Drawers_XP_Data.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 108

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Slight problem as we don't have the MDW file or the login information for administrator as it would appear that this is a secure database using Access User Security. I get an error that I don't have permissions to link to the table.

mitchem1

Registered User.
Local time
Crap, I never thought about that. What would be the simplest way to get around this?

mitchem1

Registered User.
Local time
It won't let me upload the mdw file (invalid file type) and I'm not able to zip it up either. Can I change the extension and then have you change it back?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
It won't let me upload the mdw file (invalid file type) and I'm not able to zip it up either. Can I change the extension and then have you change it back?
Yeah, see if you can change it to .zip file instead.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Umm, you're going to be embarrassed by this one. But the problem is that those are being asked for in plain view:

Attachments

• mitchellmcdbparamproblem.jpg
    mitchellmcdbparamproblem.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 136

mitchem1

Registered User.
Local time
#@*##!@##
You're right, totally embarrassed! What an idiot! I completely forgot I had added that stuff to the header. Thanks.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
#@*##!@##
You're right, totally embarrassed! What an idiot! I completely forgot I had added that stuff to the header. Thanks.

But at least we got it figured out for you. Sorry, but when I saw that I just had to laugh.

Here's to a better day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom