Parameter Query only returning first record (1 Viewer)

utvolsfan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:46
I am still trying to do the same query. I am using a parameter query that asks for the record number. If the user types in "1" for the record number then all info is displayed. However, if the user types in any other record number, it only displays headers. I have the following in the critiera field of the query:

[Enter record number]

Any help would be appreciated.

Karen Jones

Dugantrain

I Love Pants
Local time
By the way it's acting, it sounds like there's only one record; record 1. I know it sounds like a dumb question, but do you have other records in the database yet? And is parameter in the right field?

utvolsfan

Registered User.
Local time
I have 47 records in the database. And the field that I am using is the autonumber field that Access allowed me to assign as a primary key.

Karen

Daxton A.

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:46
HI

see what happens if you dont have the primary key. Meaning take it off.

utvolsfan

Registered User.
Local time
I thought that you had to have a primary key in Access. And also the primary key is the field that I have the parameter set on. Another words, in the query critiera field under the primary key (which in my database is called unique identifier) is where I have the : [enter record number]. Does that make sense?

Karen

PS I am soooo frustrated that my computer may decide to committ sucide! LOL! :)

Daxton A.

Registered User.
Local time
Try it anyways

I dont believe you have to have it in there. Take and turn it off on the table. And try it. Then if that doesnt work then try turning it off on your query as well. I am far from being an expert. I'm just saying try it for poo's and grins.

;)

Daxton A.

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

You turn it off by right-clicking on the key on the table.

utvolsfan

Registered User.
Local time
Well, I tried that and it did not work either. It just does not make sense to me that Access can understand when I type in "1" that I want the first record, however, it can not understand what I want when I type in "2" or anythng else for that matter. I really appreciate you taking the time to try to help me. I am definately no expert, but I have worked with Access quite a bit and have never had this problem. Any other suggestions?

Karen

Daxton A.

Registered User.
Local time
Just a shot in the dark but....

do you have the record numbers as a field?

utvolsfan

Registered User.
Local time
Yes! The record number is the primary key that I called unique identifier. That is the field that I have the parameter set up on. It is unique on every record beginning with "1" and going thru "47" I mean it is actually a field in the form and in the table.

Karen

Daxton A.

Registered User.
Local time
OK

I have a simple database made that works. Give me your email and i'll send it to ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom