Pass Data from a Subform to a New Form (1 Viewer)

LadyDi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:47
I'm working on a database that will be used when maintenance needs to be performed on our test equipment. So far, I have a form set up for the associates to track when a maintenance action has been performed. The top section of the form contains basic data about the part and there is a subform that lists the actions that need to be taken on the piece of equipment. In the subform, the associate can mark whether the action is complete or not. If the action is marked incomplete, I wanted a separate form to appear for them to track why an action cannot be performed. If possible, I would like this separate form to automatically show the equipment ID and the action that was missed. However, I'm having difficulty getting the data to copy from the subform to the Exception form. Is this something that is possible to do? If so, how would you go about it? Thank you so much for your time and assistance.

mrojas

Registered User.
Local time
Have you thought about inserting a sub-form in the main's form footer, keeping the footer hidden until such time the maintenance is flagged as incomplete? This way all your information is in one form, no opening or closing forms, except for the main form.

What follows are two routines, one to hide and the other to show footer.

Private Sub s_HideFooter()
If Me.FormFooter.Visible Then
Me.FormFooter.Visible = False
DoCmd.MoveSize Height:=Me.WindowHeight - Me.FormFooter.Height
End If
End Sub
Private Sub s_ShowFooter
If Not Me.FormFooter.Visible Then
Me.FormFooter.Visible = True
DoCmd.MoveSize Height:=Me.WindowHeight + Me.FormFooter.Height
End If
End Sub

LadyDi

Registered User.
Local time
I hadn't thought of that. Thank you for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom