Passing parameters for multiple sub reports (1 Viewer)

majoral

Local time
Today, 00:27
Hi

Please bear with me as I am a very new and inexperienced Access developer who only very occasionally develops Access applications and doesn't know how to code :)

I'm in the process of developing a small database application which looks at performance of our development planning team and provides both a summary report and individual report for planning officers. The database links to an Oracle database where we have our records stored using a front end developed by IDOX.

I've managed to develop the reporting for the individual officers but am having trouble developing the summary report.

My summary report is initiated using a query which selects records over a date period using parameters requested from the user. Because I need to get statistics for several different types of application (classified using one field) I then create several different queries off the main query - one for each type of application and the ouput from each of these queries has its own report.

I then need to show the results from all the reports together in an overall summary report which is where my problem lies. I have created a report consisting of multiple subreports but because each of my subreports uses the main query to extract the required statistics it is asking the user to input the same data parameters multiple times which is very cumbersome.

Is there a way that I can modify my database so that the user only needs to enter the date parameters once? I've tried several things but none are working :-(

Thanks and apologies if there's an obvious answer to my question!

XPS35

Local time
Today, 01:27
I see two potentiaal solutions.

First (and best) is not to use a query for each type of application. Use the main query in your report and use the grouping options in report design to seperate the types of applications. In that way you also do not need to change anything when a new type of application is introduced.

An other option is not to let the query promt for the criteria. Make a form to input the dates and refer to the form from the query.

majoral

Local time
Today, 00:27
I see two potentiaal solutions.

First (and best) is not to use a query for each type of application. Use the main query in your report and use the grouping options in report design to seperate the types of applications. In that way you also do not need to change anything when a new type of application is introduced.

An other option is not to let the query promt for the criteria. Make a form to input the dates and refer to the form from the query.
Thanks - I'll take a look into this as I'm pretty stuck at the moment :)

Ranman256

Local time
Yesterday, 19:27
I find it best to use a form for the criteria. Enter data into textboxes ONCE, then run qrys/rpts ad infinitum.
If you put the params in the query as user entries, then you gotta enter them EVERY DAMN TIME you run it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom