PHP Library visibility (1 Viewer)

Local time
Yesterday, 22:35
I'm having difficulty with a PHP library which I have used successfully (flawlessly?) on my development Windoze machine.

When I ftp the library to my GoDaddy linux server, I get a series of errors that look like a configuration problem. GoDaddy support said to "use php5.ini", which I did after days of interpreting what that meant. Just mention that to let you know what I've tried.

When I drill down into the code within the library that gives the errors/problems, it looks like PHP is not able to find where the classes and or functions are located.

So, the question is, how does PHP/Apache know where to find library files? If I could understand that, I'd probably well on the way to a fix for this.

Any advice?

Local time
Yesterday, 22:35
I figured out my problem though it has little to do with what I asked.

The library I'm using has an autoload that goes and finds the library class or function needed in real time by iterating through all the library directories (all by itself).

However, the two main functions in the library that do the work had to call on some of the initial functions to get it going. Inside the code, the "includes" for those functions used mixed case naming. However, the directory structure is all lower case.

Well, that works fine on Windoze (where I develop and test) but does not work on Linux (where the production system resides). I just went into the code and changed the calls to lower case and all is as it should be, seemingly.

Live and learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom