Picking Your Nose - Love it OR Hate it (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:00
Picking your nose is sometimes a necessary action, particularly during the height of allergy season. Congealed mucus is no joke if you have sinus issues. It is what you do with the congelation that makes it either ho-hum or oh-yuk. (Or for the really extreme childhood cases, oh-yum!)

Just remember this old adage: You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose.

I had a friend in college who used to refer to his nose-picking activities as "mining for nuggets."

Those of you who are trying to suppress a gag reflex can thank me later. I know my sense of humor is outrageous so you don't have to tell me.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:00
You can pick your nose. You can pick your friends. But you can't pick your friend's nose. (edited because I finally remembered the line correctly).

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:00
One of the side effects mentioned in the article, a positive affect is less cavities in your teeth!

I also understand that your tonsils are the first line of defence against certain illnesses. When they get inflamed, it's because they are actually combating an attack at an early stage. People that have had their tonsils removed can experience a more severe illnesses.

I wondered if the nose, in a similar vein captures viruses and the like, and ingesting them gives the defences a leg up....

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:00
But if you read the article, it was tested on mice. Obviously there is another mechanical effect here, because the image of a mouse picking its nose is just a bit much. And if you can't pick your friend's nose (as established early in this thread), do you even WANT to pick your mouse's nose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom