Please help if you can!! (1 Viewer)

Babi_C

Local time
Today, 14:34
I'm going to try to be as detailed as I can describing my problem in hopes that someone can help me as soon as possible. Here is a synopsis: I have the following forms in my Access 2000 Database: Financial Federal (MAIN FORM), Bank Ref. Report Form, Finance Ref. Report Form, Trade Reference Report Form, Haul Ref. Report Form. I have all of these forms on one Major ( I say major because I'm not sure of the technical term) form that is using the tab control (like file tabs on file folders). Each seperate form is running off of the following Queries: A)The Financial Federal Form (MAIN FORM) is using a query called Main Combined-which is pulling data from the following tables: General Information, References, Trucking Information, Business Financial Details, Personal Financial Details, Dealers, Equipment, & Credit Approval. The primary key for each of these tables is the "Company Name" field. B) The Bank Reference Report Form is running off of a query called Bank Report Query-which is pulling information from these tables: General Information, References, and Bank Reports. Again The PK in each table is the "Company Name" field. C) The Finance Ref. Report Form is using the Finance Report Query, which is using the following tables: General Information, References, and Finance Report Table. Again all PK's are "Company Name" field. D) The Trade Ref. Report form is using the Trade Report Query. The tables in this query are General Information, References, & Trade Report Table. Again all PK's are "Company Name". E) Haul Ref. Report Form is using the Haul Ref. Report Query, the tables this query uses are General Information, References, and Haul Report table. Again all PK's are "Company Name".....What I want to happen is by going to the form with the tab control (all forms in one--the major form) I want to be able to enter a new record on the Main Form (Financial Federal) and have the desired information flow or "cascade" to the forms that are in this tab control form. So far I am not succeeding (obviously). The only way it works is If I go to each of the queries in their table view and enter in the "Company Name" seperately for each query. How do I get this to work the way I want it? I also cannot get it to bring up other records either. Though I have six sample records, I can't get it to pull up another record if I wanted to look at another record. If I still have more explaining to do please tell me, so I can get this fixed as soon as possible. (I'm on a deadline) Thanks again for all your help.
Chloe

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
looks like if you base your "major" form on just the general information table, when you enter a new company name it should "flow" to the queries. Make sure your relationships are set to show all records from general information, and only those records where...

[This message has been edited by charityg (edited 05-07-2001).]

R

Rich

I've sent you a sample that I found on the web which should show you how to do what you want, it's much easier than trying to explain.
HTH

Bru

Registered User.
Local time
On After Update property, use Code Builder to set up an Event Procedure. Declare a public varible at the top of the procedure. Then set the varible to the field "CompanyID" (or whatever)

When you click the tab, use a macro to set the value of the control to the varible that you set initially, using repaint method. You could also simply set the companyID field in the tabbed forms by referencing the value in the CompanyID field in the main form you started with.

I usually use separate forms so that when you launch the new form you can do so with OpenArgs where you pass the string on the OnLoad event, to the desired control. That seems to be simpler for me.

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom