Please help with Cascading Combo Box (1 Viewer)

David8

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:02
I'm a beginner. I am up against the problem where the second box will not refresh if the first box changes. I do not know how to deal with it.

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=199762

Here someone posted me an example. Please look at it, especially frmSearch, which is the key part for me right now.

frmSearch created by JANR will offer you a new list in Items if you change the Manufacturer selection. How do you do this? I have googled it and come across some information about some requery code, but I don't understand in which part of the Access user interface I am supposed to enter this code.

Last edited:

JANR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:02
frmSearch created by JANR will offer you a new list in Items if you change the Manufacturer selection. How do you do this?

If you open the properties of cboItems and look at the rowsource, you'll see that i put in a Where-clause that refrence cboManufacturer.

WHERE (((tblManufactItem.ManufacturerFK)=[forms]![frmSearch]![cboManufacturer]));

When no manufacturer is chosen then nothing gets displayed, so when you select one and issue a requery of cboItems the combobox only load items which that manufacturer has.

Hope this makes it clearer.

JR

David8

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:02
JANR, thank you. I did actually manage to work that bit out.

It was the VB "requery" code for the after update event that I was missing. I managed to find that too (eventually). As a beginner I was not familiar with the VB editor or these after update techniques.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom