Populate 2nd table while entering data (1 Viewer)

jmlight

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:29
I'm brand new to Access , but trying to get up to speed.

2 Tables: Client & Needs
Client contains all the personal information for the client (name, address, phone...). The primary key is Client_ID

Need Table: Just a few fields: Client_ID, Request, Date

When a new Client is entered into the Client Table, I would like a new record added to the Needs table as well so that I can track their requests. I would like to be able to add as many requests as they have when I enter their informaiton(each request is a separate record in the Need table)

Is it possible to have the need table auto-populate with the Client_ID so that I can enter their "Requests for Asssitance" at the same time I enter the personal data and ensure that the client_id field is an exact match?

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:29
Yes use a form sub form set. Set the data source for your Main form as client. Then when you add you sub form if you use the sub form wizard it will walk you through selecting the table (Client needs table) and specifying the linking criteria (client_ID). The needs sub form will automagically add the client_ID to the client needs table as needs are entered into the sub form.

jmlight

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:29
I just found this answer...thank you so much, it worked perfectly!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom