Populating a field not shown on the form (1 Viewer)

solnajeff

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:45
Hi

I have a simple database recording payments made by customers, just two tables and a form, the tables are customers and payments and data is entered via the form. Initially the payment date was entered for each records from the form but I am trying to autofill the date in the payment table using a textbox with datepicker and not show the patment date field on the form. However no matter what combinations I try I cannot get it to work.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Jeff

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 18:45
Just put a bound text box on the form and set its VISIBLE property to NO. You can still update it with code.

solnajeff

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I will try it out and see how I get on.

regards

Jeff

solnajeff

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

I have been trying a few different ways to populate the field but as I am accustomed to using Excel VBA perhaps I am approaching it from the wrong standpoint.

The payments table has three fields, two of which appear on the form, Customer ID and Payment, payment is a required field, the third field Record Date is also required. As the payment field is required it seemed best to use its after update event to populate the record date field but that gives an error
Code:
=[tblPayments]![Record Date]=[RecDate]
where recdate is the datepicker value.

Regards

Jeff

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom