Populating Data Entry Form ...Confusing Myself (1 Viewer)

dynamictiger

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:31
Hi All

Its been a while since I have played with Access, but I need to do an upgrade to a program I wrote to help me work.

The upgrade is to instigate a standard order. So for example one of the products we make is a control board. This consists of 30 odd items that we order from three different suppliers. The form I am making contains a list of the standard items, and details of supplier.

On clicking a button I want the above form to open a new form displaying just the suppliers data, so in this case three suppliers. Then I want to assign the order numbers to the suppliers, other minor details to the order and then press a button and copy the data into the orders table, print and email orders and so on.

The issue I am having a stoopid moment with is how to make the second form. Initially I thought I would make a query with an empty field and simply write the new order numbers in there, however this results in the same number being applied to each supplier = FAIL. I thien thought I would write this data directly to the order table, rather than dick about through another form. However this approach so far has only resulted in locking the order table and making it impossible for me to input the data = FAIL. I know I can do this with a totally unbound form, however this approach will require me to either code to make visible and invisible and place restrictions on future growth so this is not an approach I am happy with...

So suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom