power activity being changed (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 14:21
does anyone know if windows takes on a life of its own with regard to power savings? I don't remember changing anything other than what is seen in the images below (I've never changed anything seen in image 2). my machines are now both shutting down completely (hard disc off + screen off) and they seem to be doing it in the overnight hours. does this have something to do with what "working hours" I have set the machine up for? I know that the automatic update downloads have something to do with that, but I didn't know anything else was relevant. thanks.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:

conception_native_0123

Local time
what I don't get is that, after the overnight hours it seems, I have to actually PUSH the power button to get the thing to wake up. Any other time, moving the mouse will suffice. this is indicated by the power button's light. in the former situation, it is off completely. in the latter, it is blinking.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have never been able to identify the culprit, but one of the settings that has to do with "SLEEP" functions (in one of the power schemes) causes the behavior you describe. It still happens to me on any day after a Windows update gets forced during "out of hours" times - and THAT is something you cannot block completely on Win10.

conception_native_0123

Local time
It still happens to me on any day after a Windows update gets forced during "out of hours" times - and THAT is something you cannot block completely on Win10.

it started happening to me on the first day after a windows update was forced way back when I bought this machine and set the "working hours". so you did not say what setting it was. you just said that it had to do with the "sleep" function. one can change that, but it sounds like that is a fruitless activity, right? based on what you said...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom