Prevent combobox/text from grey-ed out when deactivated (1 Viewer)

shafara7

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:27
Is there any way to prevent the combobox/text from being grey in colour when it is deactivated?
I want to disable the subform which consist of comboxes and textboxes from making any changes, thus setting the Active to No. But this will make everything shows in grey.
If I just set the Lock to No, the combobox won't change the value but it is still click-able and expand. I don't want that too.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:27
If you aren't using it as a data entry form why bother with the combo - simply display the value by pulling it into the underlying query.

Alternatively disable it and hide the combo and use a normal textbox to display the value, until you want data entry, the enable the combo and hide the textbox.

shafara7

Registered User.
Local time
You're right. I was thinking of replacing the combobox with textbox too. But if I change it to textbox, it will also be editable isn't it? And I must set the Active to No and the text shown in the box will still be grey. Right?

shafara7

Registered User.
Local time
Nevermind I figured it out already. Setting only one of that properties will not work. The Active and Lock must be set to No and Yes respectively.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:27
You can also disable the whole sub-form, I think from memory that locks the whole form, without greying it out?

shafara7

Registered User.
Local time
I don't want to disable the whole subform because I still want to be able to click on each records (because there is an Infobox on my main form that will display the properties of each record). Thank you for the suggestion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom