Principles of table/form design? (1 Viewer)

Bentleybelle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:53
I'm working on a db for a colleague. It is a databse of clients, some with whom he works directly (PrivateClients) and some through other agencies (LocumClients). I have a list of locum clients with their addresses in a lookup table and in the main client form purely select the agency via a drop down. There are only half a dozen of locums. I then have a form with sub form for invoicing details and the invoice report picks up the invoicing address from the lookup table.

Private cliens are invoiced directly with their own addresses and potentially could reach hundreds, and I currently have another form, identical in design, for the invoicing, with the data going into separate tables. I am having problems when it comes to entering the invoicing details, bearing in mind that I have only one main client form and table. For both invoicing forms I select the client via a combo box, but only one form is holding the data. When I access the other form the client name is blank. I have gone into the qry builder so that only locum clients appear in the locum invoicing combo box.

I feel there is some fundamental principle I am missing. Can anyone guide me as to the correct way to do this?

grnzbra

Registered User.
Local time
What is the nature of the difference between invoicing private clients and agency clients that would require having different forms?

RV

Registered User.
Local time
with the data going into separate tables.

Why?
There is no reason to use separate tables...

RV

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom