Solved Print Preview not the same paper size (1 Viewer)

Weekleyba

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:18
Two questions:
One, I have a new small db that I launched for testing, on the network for work.
When I click on the a button to open a report, it looks fine. 11x17 portrait format.
When someone else clicks the same report, it opens in a different format. 8.5x11 for instance.
Any ideas how to correct?
The db is not split yet, but I intent to do so.

Second, I'm teleworking through VPN at the moment. It takes forever to generate reports. 3-5 mins after the button is clicked.
The folks on site, 3 seconds for the same report.
Will splitting the database speed things up for remote users?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:18
VPN with Access is verrrry slow with a Jet/ACE BE. It is better with SQL Server but still slow. Try something like GoToMyPC. It connects to the PC in the office and runs the app locally. All that gets transferred is pictures of the desktop and keystrokes and mouse movement from you to control what's happening on the PC>

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:18
Regarding the printer issue, you may be able to do a work around by choosing a specific printer for the report and saving that in design view rather than going with the default printer. If you have Acrobat Pro or another PDF writer as one of your printer options, choose that, otherwise, pick a printer that all the people in your group may be able to connect to. Another thing you could try, is setting up a virtual printer as outlined here. The post was more about how to do scaling of an Access report, but I think will also work for this scenario, except that you won't have to bother with the second half that shows how to get to the scaling section.

Refer to Post #8 "Add a postscript printer"

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:18
Forgot to mention, if you use the pdf printer, then when you actually want to print a hard copy rather than preview, you would need to print to PDF and then print to whatever the default printer is. Of course, if the default printer doesn't have the paper size mentioned of 11x17 , then it will not print properly, but since you have the pdf, it will be visible on screen and can be printed another time when connected to a printer capable of printing that size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom