Printing problem with Tab-devided Forms (1 Viewer)

O

Onno

I have to make a database with three HUGE forms. No dividing in multiple table's or forms are in order. Now I have used the Access-function to make more page's by using a tab-element. Because a printout of all data is wanted, I want to make a button that prints out all tab's. I.E. I have a form called 'DATA' with tabs '1', '2' and '3'. By pressing a button on let's say tab '1', I want to get a printout of '1', '2' and '3'. Who can give me a solution to this problem? I have tried and tried, but alas...

wilycat

Local time
Today, 00:26
The easiest way to do this is to create a report to print the data (right click on the form in the database window and select Save As Report - then edit the resulting report to your requirements), then provide a button on your tabs to print the report.

If you have the ODE, you COULD use the tabstrip ActiveX control, but even that would be too much work. (With this control you could create one large form, divide it up with pagebreak controls and use the tabstrip to navigate between breaks). You could do the same with the tab control (use the On Click event to move amongst pagebreak controls), but that would be a lot more work than simply creating a report.

Remember when printing the report that you'll need to synch to the current record or obtain the values for the report from the form itself. The save as report approach is really just a quick way to get started creating the report not a way to create an automatically synched report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom