Problem: Linking Text Box to another page (1 Viewer)

phatus

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:23
hi i would like to ask on how to link text box...
here is my problem

i have inserted a Tab consist of 4 tabs in my forms...

in TAB 1 i have
Textbox (Named "Total")
with a formula insidelike this (=[text18]+[text20])
now in TAB 2 i want to show the TOTAL came from TAB 1.
i tried this already but it dont work error is
the formula i use in TEXTBOX in TAB 2 is
Code:
=Total
which is the name if the textbox located in TAB 1...

its more on linking... can any one help me how to do it...

thank you very much....

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:23
Is Totalthe Actual name of the Text box or, as I suspect, simply the Label for the Text Box that is holding that total value? In which case you will need to refer to it's name (probably Text# [where # represents a real number]), or change it's name to match the label.

kegz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:23
Hi everyone, I'm totally new to access. I have my contribution table, expenses table and budget query. Now in my expenses form I want to see the budget of a certain budget category. for example the pastor budget so that I'm aware if my budget is running out.. What I did is I put a textbox in my form with the control source from a query. When I run the form the textbox will display #Name?. I really need help... Thanks in advance(sorry for my poor english)

phatus

Registered User.
Local time
@ John Big Booty

sir i attached the sample and i look in your links.. im sorry im not good in coding i can learn more on examples and understand it... but im trying now.. i dunno where to put it is it in EVENT After Update? can you look my sample and check for the error...

thank you very much im preparing my database for the year end....

Attachments

• sample page.mdb
    288 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Ah, you didn't mention sub forms :) you will need to check this link for the correct syntax for referring to Sub Forms, their controls and properties.

kegz

Registered User.
Local time
how to make a new post? i want to have my own.. I just created this account today.. Pls help

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Hi everyone, I'm totally new to access. I have my contribution table, expenses table and budget query. Now in my expenses form I want to see the budget of a certain budget category. for example the pastor budget so that I'm aware if my budget is running out.. What I did is I put a textbox in my form with the control source from a query. When I run the form the textbox will display #Name?. I really need help... Thanks in advance(sorry for my poor english)

Welcome to the forum.

Probably best to start your own thread rather than try and piggy back off someone else's thread and potentially confuse thing.

In general terms the #Name? means that you have misspelled the control name or you are referring to a control that does not reside on the current form, or you have created a circular reference.

phatus

Registered User.
Local time
sir i attached the sample and i look in your links.. im sorry im not good in coding i can learn more on examples and understand it... but im trying now.. i dunno where to put it is it in EVENT After Update? can you look my sample and check for the error...

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
how to make a new post? i want to have my own.. I just created this account today.. Pls help

Click on the New Thread button at the top of the appropriate forum window

Attachments

• New Thread.png
    New Thread.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 224

kegz

Registered User.
Local time
I really don't know to to sta\rt a new one.. That's why I need help

phatus

Registered User.
Local time
@kegz
Just follow the instruction of sir booty

kegz

Registered User.
Local time
hehehe tnx... i didn't see that a while ago.. sorry for the disturbance... godspeed.. thanks a lot

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time

Use;
Code:
=[Forms]![form1]![Table1 subform].[Form]![text8]

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
As a tip if you are having trouble working out the correct reference go to the section at the bottom right hand corner of the grid in the link headed Not in these forms, that shows the long form of the syntax and should work in most instances.

Last edited:

phatus

Registered User.
Local time
sir i more thing how can i auto refresh it... because every time i go to other record there's
but when i press the refresh it will now show...

thanks again....

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Try;
Code:
Me.Refresh
In the main form's On Current event.

kegz

Registered User.
Local time
i still cant find that thread button.. thank you for your time and attention...
T_T

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom