Problem on List/Combo Box! HELP!! PLEASE!! (1 Viewer)

gordonf35

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:10
Hello,

I have been trying to make an Access database to store my recipes. Since I have seen similar access database on the web before, I could use it as an example to try using access. :)

However, I had a problem which made me get stuck for days. I have no idea until now and decided to join this forum as my last measures before giving up.:banghead:

My list box is used to select a list of ingredients which linked to an ingredient table. However, if I select to show 1 column on the list, it only shows the ingredient's auto generated ID, if I choose to show 2 column in the list, it shows both the name of ingredients and the auto ID. However, only the ID but not the ingredients is shown after the selection is made.

This is the 2 column problem I mentioned, ideally I would like it to show the ingredient name only after selected (but not the ID)

May be it is a bit confusing but this would be really really helpful if you could spend a bit time to download the file and look at it. You will have my kindest blessing! :eek:

Please download my file in sendspace:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/27g4kh

Your help will be very very much appreciated!!!!!

Thanks,

Gordon

Last edited:

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:10
Try ...

Bound Column: 1
Column Count: 2
Column Widths: 0

The combo box will be supplied with two columns but will hide the first.

gordonf35

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your reply, But it still shows the content of first column (Auto ID) on the table after I have selected it. ><"

Gordon

Last edited:

gordonf35

Registered User.
Local time
Argh!! Now I understand, it works it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!

By the way, how do you adjust the width of the 2nd column, 3rd column?

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:10
You can define the column width properties as a series of values separated by semicolons.

Code:
Column Widths: 0; 2cm; 2cm etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom