problem with blank fields (1 Viewer)

reptar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:10
I have a form which uses a control source from a query.

tbl_contact contains all the customers details. Also, is a field named intialsID. This has a one-to-many relationship with tbl_initials. tbl_initials contains all the intials and names of the staffmembers. I have "Enforce Referential Entegrity", "Cascade Update Related Fields", "Cascade Delete Related Fields" all checked.

My problem lies when i create a new record from the form and if i try to click to the previous record without selecting an intial from initialsID it comes up with a message:

"You can't add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'tbl_initials'".

Do you know what this is referring to?

Thankyou

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:10

..... I have "Enforce Referential Entegrity", "Cascade Update Related Fields", "Cascade Delete Related Fields" all checked.

My problem lies when i create a new record from the form and if i try to click to the previous record without selecting an intial from initialsID it comes up with a message:

"You can't add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'tbl_initials'".

Do you know what this is referring to?

Thankyou

It is simply enforcing referential integrity ,as you mentioned you have requested above, and is requiring you to enter a value in 'tbl_initials'. which you say you have not done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom