Processors (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 19:01
1. Processor - 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M (2.2 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) w/ 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

2. Processor - AMD Dual-Core A4-3305M Accelerated Processor (2.5GHz/1.9GHz, 1MB L2 Cache) w/ 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

Is NO. 2 slightly faster than NO. 1or a lot faster?
What does the (2 Dimm) mean?
Has anybody had any experience with Vision Computer, good or bad?

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:01
Is NO. 2 slightly faster than NO. 1or a lot faster?[/SIZE][/FONT]

No1 is technically faster, it's clocked higher and has a better cache, the AMD CPU you've quoted is technically 1.9GHz base but I believe the 2.5GHz quoted is probably the max over clocking you can do on it (you have to be a little careful over clocking a chip it can make it unstable if you push it too far.)............but

The AMD chip has a better integrated graphics chip so depending on what you plan to use it for might influence your choice.

More info : clicky

What does the (2 Dimm) mean?

Dimm refers to the RAM modules, 2 Dimm probably means it has 2x3GB modules (it usually quoted as 2x Dimm's).

Has anybody had any experience with Vision Computer, good or bad?

Nope - got a link, a website can tell a lot (found a couple of links - one in the US - site down, one in Wales - site under construction)

If you're in the market for a new laptop buy the fastest one you can afford they'll last longer ;)

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:01
If you like to overclock, AMD is your beast, they can take a lot more punishment than Intels, but Intels are more stable.

Should note that AMD dont know the speed of a given processor until its tested after fabrication, then its badged with the speed, on the other hand Intel know exactly what speed there's will run at before its tested and they test on that basis.

IAmNotABot

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:01
The 2 DIMM does refer to memory, but the likely configuration would be a 1x2GB and a 1x4GB.

If I could only chose between those two, then the deciding factors would be(in order of preference):

Price-The computers are about 7-10% of each other in terms of speed, so the lesser priced one would get a point here.

Memory-it was mentioned that it has 6GB, and that might be ok for now. I would not want to purchase a laptop if it does not accept at least 8GB for the max, if not more. The one that can do at least that would get a point.

As far as Vision Computer as a company, I had not heard of them before. I looked at their website and with the live chat and 800 number, you should be able to find out more specifics on the laptops you are asking about.

As a side note, their computers are still coming with Win 7. That is a good selling point if you have not used Win 8. The change is so different that it would be best to experience that for the first time in person.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 10:01
This is an old thread but I will comment anyway.

The current generation of Intel processors are undoubtedly superior to AMD. Clock speed isn't everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom