Publish products from access on website (1 Viewer)

giovi2002

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:19
I would love to publish my product catalog from my access database on a website. it should be a browsable catalog with search field on article number range, product group, product type and should be able to display product pictures.

Within my access database i have a link to the product picture stored by filename.

I'm looking for an easy solution to do this, i'm using mysql as database on my hosting provider.
I can do the export to mysql myself (interfacing between access and mysql) but am looking for some hot software to display the catalog easily without programming the front website myself.
I already have oscommerce installed but don't want a webshop and don't know how to disactivate all the features within oscommerce to only retain the article browsing.

Thanks if you have a hint

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:19
An Access forum is not a likely place to find help with web software.

If you are willing to pay to have the site developed, you might try some place like guru.com but be careful with your choice of developers.

giovi2002

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Pat,

As they also needed a website i've used a content management system.
As I don't lack any database skills i'm going to abuse a news category to automatically fill it with products. So with some fantasy it will work.

giovi2002

Registered User.
Local time
What i did is the following.
Content management system joomla
and installed the component virtuemart which is a webshop. 'This webshop has a csv upload routine and now it works great

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom