Qry Formula Returning Null (1 Viewer)

liamrowan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:07
I have a table with a field that is comprised of percentages represented by fractions (e.g., .2512, .2556, .4563). The field name is "Percent." In the qry based on this table, there is a field with the following formula:
CensusPovPerc: [Percent]*100
What I am expecting is the formula to calculate .2523 x 100 and return 25.23, and so on for each percentage. What I get is a completely blank field, no error messages.

I have tried adding the Percent field to the original qry without using a formula, and the result is still a NULL field. So this makes me think that there is nothing wrong with the formula; the qry is just not pulling the data from the table, so the formula can't execute. I tried creating a new database, importing the same table, creating a new query with just one field which uses the formula as shown above. In this case, I do get the expected and desired result. So, there is some reason the qry in the original database is not "seeing" the Percent field from the source table and thus can't execute the formula.

Ideas?

Thx, Wm

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:07
Most often when a query does not return the result you expect it is due to a Join.

Start the query again and work up slowly adding new fields / tables but checking the result each time.
This way you know what action caused the result to go :eek:

If you still have a problem, view the query in sql and copy and past same here. Use the Code button (hash key) when posting code
Code:
like this

liamrowan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:07
Great call, thx. It was indeed a join issue.

Really appreciate your response. Wm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom