Query based forms (1 Viewer)

clauses

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:28
I have a form based on a parameter query that that uses several fields on the form; entered by the user, to provide the required information. Every time I open the form it ask for the parameter before the form is opened. How can I get around this so that the form will open and allow the user to enter the values after the form is opened.

Ally

Registered User.
Local time
Because you've got the form running from the parameter query you will always get the parameters when you open the form. What you would need to do is run the form off a query with no parameters, then set the parameter query to run on the OnOpen Event or via a command button once the form is open.

J

Jerry Stoner

Or:

Ill bet you have a form the user is on BEFORE you open the form in question that has the parameter allready there? If so reference that control in your parameter for the query and minimize the first form instead of closing it.

clauses

Registered User.
Local time
I changed my form so that is is unbound and have tried to run the parameter query after the user selects a customer from a combo box on the form, but I still cannot get the correct data to show on the form. Once the user has selected a customer I use the on change event for the combo box to use the openquery method to run the parameter query and find the correct data but I am still asked for a parameter value. I have entered the value the see how it works but all I can see is a datasheet view of the query, no values are placed into the controls themselves. Is there an example of this technique anywhere I could look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom