Query by checkbox value (1 Viewer)

dzelmej

Jacobs
Local time
Today, 07:58
Hi, Im trying to build query that filters my recors by checkbox value in form.
I have field id_reason with numeric values, my idea is that when checkbox1 = 1, id_reason is filtred by value 11, when checkbox1 = 0, id_reason <> 11.

i tryed this formula as criteria in design grid:
IIf([forms]![form1]![check1]=1;[id_reason]=11;[id_reason]<>11)
but IIF is not operator, so it doesnt work...

Can anyone help with this one? :cool:

tnx

Last edited:

macca the hacke

Macca the Hacca
Local time
Why don't you add an event procedure to the on open of the form:

if me.check1 = true then
docmd.applyfilter,"id reason = '11'"
else
docmd.applyfilter,"id reason <> '11'"
end if

dzelmej

Jacobs
Local time
Im not good with vba, I understund where I must enter that code, but how can I point that ApplyFilter to my query (form1_query)...

macca the hacke

Macca the Hacca
Local time
? don't understand your question.
Go to the form you wish to apply the filter to and that has the checkbox. Open in design view. Go to properties > event tab. Using the drop down box on the right of on open choose event procedure, and then click the ... next to the drop down box.
Copy sample code I gave you into there (making any amendments to names as necessary).

dzelmej

Jacobs
Local time
Im getting error message.
In my case I want to apply filter to query (named form1_query), not to form.
I have form1 with check1 and form1_query with field id_reason, so I think that query name should show up somewhere in code ??

macca the hacke

Macca the Hacca
Local time
why do you want the query filtered? If it is to display information to users, then you would have a form displaying the information, and you would filter the form as above (although would need to reference the check box from the other form)

dzelmej

Jacobs
Local time
([id_reason]=11 And [forms]![form1]![check1]=-1)) OR ([id_reason]<>11 And ([forms]![form1]![check1]=0))

this is what I figured out, and it is simple and it works...

Last edited:

jai kushwaha

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:28
I want to make a form in ms access in which if i checked a check box than it value become an hour and it multiply by next field. My mean is if i check the box thats mean it will ask for next field value and if i will put 2 it will multiply with it and give me a value 4, so my question is how to set the value of check box is equal to 2. So that it will automatic multiply in order to give value 4 when i check the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom