Query has locked-record (1 Viewer)

Pvarga

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:05
I am updating a database that I made awhile ago. I have been zipping and emailing it and it is usually read only till I extract it but then is okay.

Now one query will not run it dumps me out of Access and I see a file clled locked-record with the files name. I have tried deleting and remaking the query. I even made a new one and it runs then never saves and also dumps me out of Access when I try to save it.

Please help.

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Open up the query in design view and open up the properties. Make sure that Run Permissions states "Users" and that Record Locks states "No Locks"

Pvarga

Registered User.
Local time
I tried that and that is how it is set. Any other suggestions?

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Is there something unique about this query, a table, a field, a join. You state that it is okay running from the zipped file, but when you install, it crashes the program?

Install the program and open up the query and run it while in design mode - does it still crash? If so, then rebuild the query, field by field to test it and then you can determine where the crash actually occurs.

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Just another thought....sometimes when I want to try some new code, I can crash my database. Unfortunately, erasing the code does not fix the database, because an internal record has been corrupted. The only solution I have found is to import all tables, queries, forms, reports, etc into a new database, leaving out the offending new code.

You could try this and import everything into a new database, less the query and then rebuild it in the new database and try it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom