Query Sum Field (1 Viewer)

mjwillyone

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:20
Friends,

I am working on creating a donor-ranking report that displays the top 25 donors to our organization based upon a year of giving records. I have a query that displays the contributions made to our organization and it sorts by the donor number. I have no problem showing only the sum of each donors giving. Thus, it only shows their name once and the sum of their contributions for the period of time I specify (start date - end date).

What I cannot figure out is how to sort by the sum calculation I have on the form (=Sum([Amt]). I think it might be easier to set up my query with a new field to do the summing so that I can sort based upon this field, but I have no idea how to set this up. I did a search of this forum and found three posts, but none help me.

I would like to know exactly what to put in the field that I am creating in the query.

Thanks so much,
Mike

Last edited:

Kempes

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:20
Not entirely sure I understand, but I assume if you sort by the value, the donor appears more than once?????

An easy alternative is the do a new query based on this query, which will allow you to then sort by the sum and not cause problems with the donor field.

Hope this helps.

Kempes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom