Query to Form Problem (1 Viewer)

AJordan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:26
I've done this tons of times but for some reason I cant figure out whats wrong. I have a query where criteria is passed through a form (frmContactFinder). After writing the query I tested by using "Run", I was prompted to enter First Name, then MI, and then Last Name. I entered a valid name and the result appeared in query view datasheet.

I link then created a form bound to the query and placed all of the text boxes on the form. When Click the form in the navigation pane, I am prompted form first, MI, Last names. I enter the data and the results display on a form.

I now create the form (frmContactFinder) with the textboxes i set up in the query (txtFirstName, txtMI, and txtLastName). I have a command button that will open the contact form and then clost the contact finder form. When I enter the criteria via the form, only a blank contact form pops up. Any suggestions?

PaulO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:26
"I have a command button that will open the contact form and then close the contact finder form"

I suspect this latter command is the problem, as the Query is looking at the Form Fields in the Contact Finder?

Try amending the command button to just open the Contact Form (leaving the Contact Finder form open).

I hope this works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom