Query wont identify numbers (1 Viewer)

marleyuk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:09
I made a database to compare two sets of data. The data is generally compared via reference and the reference can be a combination of letters and numbers,

I'm using the default wizard queries for identifying duplicates and missing cases. This works however the tables are still showing errors for number only references.

Does anyone know how to get access to identify number only reference as well as mixed refs?

See the example db attached.

Thanks,
Ian.

Attachments

• ComparingData.zip
    17 KB · Views: 68

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 14:09
I looked and cannot understand why this is happening.

However if you import the Data into a new table rather than linking it should work as you want.

Hope this helps.

marleyuk

Registered User.
Local time
I looked and cannot understand why this is happening.

However if you import the Data into a new table rather than linking it should work as you want.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Rainlover, i've done this and as you say, it works fine. Just abit irritating to have to delete data from the tables before I import the data into them.

Is there a way to make it so onclick, a button deletes the contents of a table and then asks which spreadsheet I would like to import?

Thanks,
Ian.

ypma

Registered User.
Local time
Excel numbers are right aligned by default and text is left Aligned . To Ensure correct alignement Select the column ,Select Format then cells then alignment and set the horizontial alignment to general and click OK. this corrects your data to the correct format . This should now allow access to link the tables as before and link the exact details as per the xls fields , Please let me know if this solved your original question.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom