question about WOKE (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:40
"Woke" is a term meaning "socially aware" - but there is a catch. It means that a "social justice warrior" whose heart bleeds liberal ink would like you. People who are religiously aware often DON'T count as "woke" because they are not of an ecumenical mind-set. I.e. Christians who don't like Jews or Muslims cannot be "woke." Christians who are anti-gay cannot be "woke" no matter how charitable they are otherwise. It carries an extreme connotation of "bend over backwards beyond all reason" to be friendly to people who dream that they are oppressed, much less those who actually ARE oppressed.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Your position with regard to business and corporate behavior says you are liberal. As the Cajuns would say: If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and flies like a duck, it ain't a poulet-doux. (In case you were wondering, that's another type of waterfowl.)

conception_native_0123

Local time
(In case you were wondering, that's another type of waterfowl.)
thank you. yes, I was wondering that. and I don't care enough about political stupidity and wasting time with it to understand everything about what liberals believe and what conservatives believe. all I know, and excuse me for anyone else that may get offended by this, is that liberals believe and get "offended" by some pretty weird crap.

I do understand that liberals dislike corporate money and corporate greed. that makes perfect sense. but I moreso understand that liberals seem to be all about accommodating, what seems to be, untraditional or unorthodox ways of living and thinking. that's just what it seems like. if you want me to talk about this stuff in an educated manner, you'll first have to educate me on what both sides believe, care about, complain about, stand behind, want, desire and fight over. because I really don't give one $hit. sorry.

to me, both sides are just as stupid and it's nothing more than fighting over who gets the power in big cities because they're scared to death about what they've all made of the Earth, so they create useless arguments to "survive", when none of it was necessary to begin with. in this man's eyes, they all look very stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom