RAM Suport with Intel-P4-1.8GHz (1 Viewer)

sharadkharya

Local time
Today, 02:21
Hello,

I am facing these problems(Messengers Service Alert) while working on my PC.

1) Your system registry is corrupted and needs to be cleaned immediately.
2) Windows had found 73 Critical errors.(your PC may be suffering from serious file errors in your Windows Registry).

Also in a week or less than that period, my Operating system gets corrupted any then either i need to repair that or made a fresh installation again.

I am using McAfee Antivirus (liciensed copy), in which mostly i am getting bo:stack(Buffer overflow - blocked by buffer overflow protection)

I consult with my vendor & he is asking me to change RAM.

Please let me know whether this problem can be resolved while changing a RAM or these errors are coming due to some other reason.

Also let me know if its due to RAM, then upto how much MB i can upgrade.

My current PC Configuration is as follows -

Processor - 1.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
Motherboard - Board: Intel Corporation D845GVSR AAC45441-203
BIOS - BIOS: Intel Corp. VA84510A.86A.0023.P08.0309261501 09/26/2003
RAM - 254 Megabytes Installed Memory

Thanks In Advance
Sharad Kharya

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:21
Welcome :)

I consult with my vendor & he is asking me to change RAM.

By buying more from them ? ;) Seriously this doesn't sound like a RAM problem.

I am facing these problems(Messengers Service Alert) while working on my PC.

1) Your system registry is corrupted and needs to be cleaned immediately.
2) Windows had found 73 Critical errors.(your PC may be suffering from serious file errors in your Windows Registry).

Messenger Alert Service is used to send network admin messages it's essentially a typically unused service - this is a classic way of spoofing you into downloading something nasty. I suspect you have some malware on your system.

Firstly make sure McAfee is up to date (this may solve you buffer overflow problem) and run a scan. If this doesn't pick up anything download Spybot and Ad-Adware and again run a scan with both.

Hopefully these should pick up anything nasty and remove it.

You might want to concider getting rid of McAfee - it's fine but there are better and cheaper alternatives, McAfee does get targeted.
NOD32 is a cheaper alternative (no need to constantly renew your license), AVG is also good and even better is 100% free. If you do make sure you uninstall McAfee completely - you can find instructions if you do a search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom