Random dropdowns not returning results (1 Viewer)

WillEllis

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:14
I have built a Project/Resource database for our department, and I am having an issue with 3 computers in the group. First, all of our computers are setup the same (as far as I can tell), however, there are 3 users that have the same issue...when selecting an item from a dropdown, it should populate the dropdown below it with a new list, based on the first dropdown. It is only on certain forms, and only happens on these three computers. If the users log into any other computers, it works fine. I know it's not alot to go on, but does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm at a complete loss!

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:14
Is this the RunTime package or complete Access? What version? MDB or MDE? Your system is not throwing any errors? Do you have error handling or have you disabled the errors? Have you put a MDB on the suspect systems and checked for missing References?

WillEllis

Registered User.
Local time
It is the full Access 2003 version, and everyone is using a shortcut to an MDE file on a network drive.(just front-end..table are linked). I'll try the MDB and see what happens. It's weird. Just seems to be those 3 computers....

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Everyone should be running their own copy of the MDE. There is an automation tool that will make sure they are running the latest version of the FE. You may need to switch to Late binding.

WillEllis

Registered User.
Local time
Well, I found the issue. Apparently there was an Office 2003 Update and Repair that had not been installed on those faulty computers. After running the fix, everything worked fine...go figure!

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Glad to hear you got it working and thanks for the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom