'read only' form but need an active list box? (1 Viewer)

cjmitton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:59
I have a form that I want to display the data but not allow additions / deletions / Edits etc..

But also on that form is a list box that I need to have 'active' so I can select an option from the list box to carry on to a different screen or use the selection open word. My issue is that on the properties for the form under the 'Data' tab I've set Allow Additions / Deletions and Edits to 'No'.

But this then does not allow me to select anything from the list box? The list box is unbound and uses a query to provide content.

If I set all the 'allows' to Yes then it works fine but it also means they can edits....

How do I get around this please?

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Yesterday, 20:59
Try setting the Allow Edits property to "Yes". Set the "Locked" property of each control except your listbox to "Yes" and set the Allow Additions and Allow Deletions to "No".

cjmitton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:59
That did the trick!

Thanks very much.

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Yesterday, 20:59
You are quite welcom. Glad to help.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:59
Another approach would be, under the Form's Data Property Tab, setting the Recordset Type to Snapshot. This 'locks' all Bound Controls but not Unbound Controls. This method has the advantage of being able to be done in mere seconds, helpful if this were a 'busy' Form and you had to selectively lock many Controls.

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom