Local time
Today, 07:53
Hello sir Pat Hartman any suggest ....

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:53
You are looking to make a relationship that doesn't exist in reality. There is no way to link one transaction to another the way you envision. You are assuming that a specific transfer to one person can be tracked to specific transfers to other people. What if the first transferred amount were $3,000 instead of $5,000? Begum Farid would still be able to make all the transfers if there was other money in the account from other people or even different transfers from Tazul Islam. Perhaps, he transferred $3,000 one week and $2,000 the next week. So now Begum Farid can spend the money the exact same way but it came from two transfers instead of one. It's like trying to trace a single dollar bill as it moves through the community. Good luck with that.

smtazulislam

Local time
Today, 07:53
Sir, the Problems is INCOME person is ONE, He/ will send money to FATHER and SISTER account.
SISTER Or FATHER is divide the money to other members. Both inform me the amount where they transfer and how much.
Some members living out of the country for study.
Some members are out of home City for study.
so every money I do like that. But I need all data records and I want to know how much money balance in the member's account or Hand.
How to do that ?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:53
You are making this harder than it needs to be. EACH transfer is separate. There is no reason to try to chain them. If you want to balance the accounts, sum the amount in and the amount out to each account.

If you want to chain the transaction and I strongly suggest against it, you need to use a self referencing relationship. by adding an additional field to the transaction. Not only do you need the from and to accounts, you need to link to the actual deposit that is funding the transfection. That implies error checking and preventing updates to existing record because any update could invalidate an existing future transfer. Then to make the query to get the data the way you want it, you need to use recursion since your chains just keep getting longer and longer as money moves around... You probably want to get Maj's tree control to use for display.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom