Red Run Icon does not function when using "Action Query" creation (1 Viewer)

foxxrunning

Local time
Today, 08:11
I have been using Office 365 and have not been able to get any Access Action Queries (append, update, delete)etc to work. The regular query works fine, but the "action" ones do not respond to the Red Run Icon at all. When I click on the Red Run icon after having chosen a field to add to for example, nothing happens. I believe this is a problem with my computer, not Access as I tried this on another computer in my house where it worked fine. So my question is does anyone know what kind of problem might be disabling the Run Icon from working on my computer. Has anyone had a similar problem? Thanks for any help.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Is there an Enable Content button that you have not clicked yet?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:11
I saw this today - except that a delete query did run but it just didn't warn me, and I don't turn warnings off as a rule. If I switched to datasheet view, it showed me the record to be deleted. If I went back to design and clicked, no warning, no apparent delete. I had to check the table to see that the record was deleted. I went into the immediate window to force warnings on just in case, but no difference. I have updates turned off and assumed that the db was just getting flaky because I use it a lot to test or fix stuff for forum users. I will have to check now to see if I can determine if a recent update was forced on me. This sort of thing is why I chose to disable Access updates.

So check your table to be sure. One way is to open it, then run the query and go back to the table to look for #Deleted where there was data. If it happens to you on one pc but not another, it can still be Access at fault and not the pc per se. Check if both versions are exactly the same, including the build number.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I saw this today - except that a delete query did run but it just didn't warn me, and I don't turn warnings off as a rule
This is a good thing to bring up to double check, use the immediate window to DoCmdSetWarnings=True and see if all this time it's been running and just not seeming like it.

foxxrunning

Local time
I actually went out and bought another version (Office Professional Pro 2016) and totally uninstalled Office 365 and then tried the action query again and the Red Run icon again did not function at all. So that is why I believe there is something within my computers settings that has been corrupted. On the other hand, when I use the Run icon in normal queries it functions properly.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Double check that your trust Center settings are not set to disable macros with no notification

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I checked and as far as I can tell, I've not had an update.
Replacing Access isn't going to help if the problem is the db itself.
Create a new one from scratch. Add a new table (one field will do); enter one record then create a delete query, save it and see what happens when you run it. If it works as expected, it's the db, not Access, not the pc.

foxxrunning

Local time
When I tried the DoCmdSetWarnings in the immediate window, it says the Macros have been disabled. Perhaps this is the problem. How do I enable the macros? From within the Options setting?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Try setting them to Enable All Macros, or Disable With Notification (that will allow the pop up Enable Content to show when you open the DB)

foxxrunning

Local time
That was it? Everything is back working correctly? Thanks for your help.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Very glad it's working for you now!

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
You're saying that the query you tried to run before now works in the normal fashion? Then your issue is totally unrelated to mine.

foxxrunning

Local time
That i
You're saying that the query you tried to run before now works in the normal fashion? Then your issue is totally unrelated to mine.
That is correct. It was the Macro settings in the Options section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom