Refer to calculated field on Subform from Main form (1 Viewer)

Oreynolds

Local time
Today, 10:07
I *thought* this morning that a DoEvents before that code or placing the code at the bottom of the sub might also solve it, but it did not.
I was hoping this might work as you go through all the controls looking at tags multiple times, but alas it still failed. :confused:

Thanks for all your help on things so far. Do you have any experience with stock inventories? You have seen the purchase order form/table I use. I was wondering the best way to implement some form of stock control.
Its not totally straight forward as only about 1 in 5 of our orders are actually taken from stock as we only carry small amounts, so generally the orders are too large and stock is ignored and a PO is sent direct to the supplier for direct delivery to the customer.
My initial idea was to have a Tick check on the PO that the user ticks when taking from stock, this could then enable a cmd button which when pressed the deducts the product quantities from the stock inventory table?
Maybe there is a better way?

im assuming there would need to be a stock inventory table that holds info such as minimum stock quantity, current quantity, and reorder levels.
I am not sure what process you run to deduct from stock from the PO form, is it some form or query?
Sorry if this is cheeky question and maybe it’s not your field but thought I’d ask just in case, thanks

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:07
Definitely not my field. Sorry. I am just like you, just dabbling with Access.

One of the experts will be able to assist you I would have thought though.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:07
Check boxes are over-used as data and controlling controls, IMO. You could simply use an unbound combo with as many list items as you have stock sources? Whichever value is chosen dictates where (or perhaps if) you subtract from. Much simpler than having a control to control a control that updates a table.

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 04:07
I can't vouch for it as I haven't used inventory, but there is a working example in the Northwind Traders database from Microsoft. Look in the templates, it may give you some ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom