Referencing a control on a form page (1 Viewer)

Roni Sutton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:39
I have a form that is split into tabs to look like index cards. I want to reference a control on that form for a calculation. However, I don't know the syntax. If I create an unbound box and set it's data property to:

=[forms]![frmName]![fieldname]

I get #Name in the unbound box. I have tried just setting the data property to the field name like this:

=[fieldname]

Still no dice. I am sure that I am supposed to reference which tab or page the field is on, but I can't get the syntax right. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Roni

mattstewart

Local time
Hmm, I just tested this and it worked.
I made a form with a tab control and put a txtbox (named txtNameID) in the first tab with the control source being [Name_ID] (whcih is from the table the form is based off of. Then in the second tab page i made a control box with the control source set to:
= [txtNameID] and it displayed the same thing as the txtbox on the first page. are you putting your info in the control source box?

Roni Sutton

Registered User.
Local time
THis is so weird. I have fought with this all morning. I KNOW I tried that and it didn't work. I finally deleted the unbound control box and based my form on a query that pulled the info in rather than using an unbound box with a dlookup as the control source (which didn't work originally, so that's when I just did the =[fieldname] which also didn't work). Anyway, I just put it back in and it works fine. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong initially, but thanks for the help!

Roni

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom