Solved Relationship must be on the same number of fields and data type Error? (1 Viewer)

MsAccessNL

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:38
ProjectTask.PNG
tasks.PNG

MsAccessNL

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:38
This is the project I am working on. When you drop an email in the dropbox it will connect to the task or make a new task if you want with the subject as taske and the email connected, attachments will also be saved and connected if you want. When you drop a file the same options are available.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 15:38
Sorry guys, i have to appologize a thousend times. When i create a new table in Access, i select the number field as foreign key ( I have done this many many times), but in this db i encountered a lot of linking problems. I made a test db and encountered the same error. My mind was jumping to conclusions.

What had happened: In the original db the number field had been changeg into a Double field instead of long integer ( i don't know how), but anyway, in the test db I made the mistake te select a memo field and got the same error, but this time because of a different reason. A reason i did't see. I was sure i selected a number field!

I was going around in circles. Sorry for wasting your precious time...
As a matter of fact, most of us are keenly aware of this kind of problem from personal experience, repeated until it sunk in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom