Removing text form feild while locked (1 Viewer)

vid

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:33
Hi everyone!

I have a word document with some drop-down and some text fields in it. I'm facing a problem when i want to delete some of the text fields while the document is still locked, as the drop-down field doesn't work unless the doc is locked.

Some of the text fields are optional, to be displayed, based on what the customer chooses.. So in case the customer doens;t want a certain feild to be displayed, the text box should be deleted altogether. everytime i try ti delete while the doc is still locked, the data gets removed, but the field remains.. is there any way to delete the entire field altogether??!

The problem is that this file will be circulated to lots of ppl so I can't expect them to know how to unlock and lock again. Also i dun wanna use VBA coz macro security levels may not be set to low.

thanks a ton for all your help!

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:33
With VBA code you can unlock a document (provided you have the password) and re-lock the document. I had to do this to be able to run the spell checker on a Word form. It has been a while since I have done this, but it is documented in the help files.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 01:33
You can write a macro and attach it to the field. On entry - unlock, on exit - lock. Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom