Report designer within a form (1 Viewer)

ascaife

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:32
I have a small app for school use and was wondering if anyone knows of a way (or even better, can point me to a sample) that I can create a form that includes a few controls necessary to design an id card.

Basically, I want my users to be able to go into the form and add fields from a table, change font sizes, insert logos etc.

I'm guessing some sort of way to embed a report into the form or something? My users don't have access to the ribbon or toolbars as I try to minimise the number of functions they can use.

This might be beyond my skills but if anyone can point me to a sample that would be great.

Last edited:
Local time
Today, 07:32
Microsoft Publisher is great for designing things like cards. And you don't even need to use a database.

I'm sure there's a free equivalent, too.

ascaife

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:32
Hi George,

Thanks for the response. You're right, publisher is great but I'm really looking to add this in to my existing access 2007 database so they can use the records already contained in it. I'm also hoping to hook it up to a camera using WIA so I can live capture into the system.

Cheers,

Andy

Local time
Today, 07:32
Oh, you didn't say that.

What about using Publisher automation to let Access control your Publisher document/publication?

Otherwise, since I have no clue what you're doing, I'm gonna back out on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom