Report Freezes On Loading - Access 2013 (1 Viewer)

JustTheBasics

Local time
Yesterday, 17:42
This is my first post and I'm hoping someone can supply an answer for me. My company is planning to upgrade to Office 2013 this year and my IT guy gave me an advance version of Access 2013 to test our database on.

The database was originally built on v2007 I believe, has been modified and rebuilt in v2010, but when I try to open reports in v2013 they freeze. The same happens for the queries and forms. They were rebuilt in v2010 but freeze when I try to open them in v2013.

I have tried Debug in VBA and it worked for several of the reports, the reports it didn't work in I deleted, but it still won't open a report. I also tried checking for missing references and none were missing.

I'm at a loss here and am hoping I don't have to rebuild this entire database again. Any thoughts? :confused:

Thanks in advance

vargan

Local time
Yesterday, 16:42
I have had a sort of the same problem. I found that I could fix it by:
-Open each form one by one in design mode
-Rightclick Save on the tab
-Close the form

For me, this did the trick

Best regards'

Svein

JustTheBasics

Local time
Thank you for your response vargan. I tried as you suggested but after I selected open in design view for one of the reports, Access froze again (been about 30 minutes).

John.Woody

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:42
You could try creating a new db in access 2013, then get a fresh copy of the db and import all of the objects, then check all needed references are there and compile the code, and see if that works.

vargan

Local time
Yesterday, 16:42
I dont't know if it will help, but search for "Difference Access 2007 - 2013"
and read the article from Microsoft

(I can't put the link here, apparently)

JustTheBasics

Local time
Thank you all for your help. It appears to have been a computer issue. I've opened the database items without any problems on a different computer. I was remotely accessing the other computer and it was acting as a server as well. I think that was the main issue.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom