Report Locks Up? (1 Viewer)

HarmonyGirl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:31
Being the ambitious newbie that I am, I debugged and designed my first report. This report is a project status report, and has a condition where the user inputs the project prefix against which to create a new report.

I should mention, this is a very simple report, and there are no calculated fields, etc. There are about 12 fields total in the report design.

I am very pleased with this report's appearance and accuracy, except for this issue:

If I run the report against a project (prefix) where there are very few results, it runs fine. However, if I run the report against a project where there are more than a few records (i.e., more than 30), the entire report locks up and produces no results. I'm forced to Ctrl + Alt + Del out of MS Access altogether.

My report is based on a query that joins 5 tables. This is necessary, because the structure of my database is such that instead of using value lists, I use separate tables to hold descriptions, etc. The query runs quite fast, so I've pretty much ruled out the query as the cause.

Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks again for your time and interest.

[This message has been edited by HarmonyGirl (edited 03-28-2001).]

HarmonyGirl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:31
Thanks for the tip!

Could it be b/c of landscape vs. portrait page orientation? I found that the portrait was significantly faster.

What could I do to still use landscape?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom