Report Sort Order has changed (1 Viewer)

BamaColtsFan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:26
Ok, I'm very much stumped as to why this has happened and completly lost on how to fix it! I have a report in Access 2007 that displays groups of data based on a sorting and grouping option of four report fields (they are all text data types). It was originally working just fine and everything was in the proper order up until about 6 weeks ago when it suddenly started sorting the records differently. For example, one group code is 109 and the next is 109A. Previously, the report place 109 first and 109A second, as it should. Now, it is putting 109A first and 109 second. Interestingly, 108 is still before them both! I have checked the sort orders in sorting and grouping options and it is correct. It is still sorted correctly in the query that produces the data, it is only on the actual report that it is different. I also tried recreating the report from scratch and the new report did exactally the same thing. So, I ask, how do I make it sort the proper way? I'd like to understand what caused it to happen as well but that is secondary if I can get it working the way I need it! Thanks in advance for any advise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom