Report Total not Correct (1 Viewer)

quest4

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:58
good afternoon, I have a report which has several section and each section has a list of records with their line counts and the line counts are totaled for each doctor, doctor footer. There are several doctors and so there are several section totals. At the bottom of report, report footer, I was trying to total all of the doctor totals, but in stead I get the doctor total and again all of the line counts, which is twice what I want to see. I am using this to get the grand total: =Sum([Sum Of CharacterTotal])
What am I doing wrong here? Thank you in advance for any help.:confused:

quest4

Registered User.
Local time
I am beginning to wonder if Access can total in the section footer and the report footer, can this be done? Or does it have to be one or the other. Thanks.:confused:

khawar

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:58
use the same calculation for the grand total which you are using in doctors footer total

If calculation there is =Sum(YourField) then
Calculation the report footer will also be =Sum(YourField)

quest4

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the response khawar. That is exactly what i did do and the grand total or report footer is twice what it should be, with 2 doctors or sections. It added both the section totals and the individual line counts together. At this point, the only thing I can think of doing is deleting the section footer totals and only totaling the report footer.

khawar

AWF VIP
Local time
Can you upload the report for me to correct it

quest4

Registered User.
Local time
I have tried a few things to export and/or copy the report out of the dbase, but so far nothing. I can do the entire dbase but that is about it. If you can tell me how, it will be on its way. Thanks.

khawar

AWF VIP
Local time
If its possible to just inport related table query and report in a new database then you can do it or if your database is not too large you can upload full database

quest4

Registered User.
Local time
Here it is, two sample tables and two forms and there is no query. The reports are similar. Thanks.

Attachments

• Der report.zip
    17.8 KB · Views: 105

khawar

AWF VIP
Local time
Your sample does not include the queries on which the reports are based so i am not able to view report

quest4

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry about that.

Attachments

• Der report.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 98

khawar

AWF VIP
Local time
Ammended the daily report only now its showing the correct totals

Attachments

• Der report.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 116

khawar

AWF VIP
Local time
Now its 03:15 at night here so good night

quest4

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, I got that working, but what did you do to it to get it to work? Also one small favor, could you look at that table, tblReportData, is there anything I can do to make that date behave better? If you go to change it it reverses back to "2008-08-07" till you take focus off of it. Being like that makes it hard to change. Thanks again for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom