Report (1 Viewer)

msouriya

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:59
Hi all! So I have this report which I've set parameters on and been using this report for years, but now it's not working. I'm not sure is it because I've created a new database and copied the report from the old DB to the new DB and perhaps that's there's a problem? The prompt said this: Compile error: Sub or Function not defined
Please help! Thanks in advance! :confused:

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 04:59
Sounds like you are missing a module that the query/report uses. Copy the module that sub/function is in to the new database file as well.

msouriya

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, I've already copied and pasted the code, but still gives me the same message.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Can you upload your database?

msouriya

Registered User.
Local time
Yes. I've just been entering false data, so there are no real student records entered. Please click on the Services Report Form Button on the Switchboard and you will see the error. When I try to upload the DB, this is what that came up: Your file of 5.39 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 2.00 MB for this filetype

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Delete all unncessary objects, then compact and repair and see how large it is.

msouriya

Registered User.
Local time
Hi! Attached is a copy of DB with no real student records. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2016-2017Database - Copy.accdb
    1.9 MB · Views: 62

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
I clicked on the Services Report Form, it prompted me 3 times to enter data, I did and then the report opened. I can't reproduce your issue.

Go Shockers.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Just saved it locally and got the error.

You have a custom function called MyIsNull() running when that report is opened. The database you have cannot find that function. Where is it?

There are no modules in that database. Thinking my initial answer was correct.

msouriya

Registered User.
Local time
So the error does not come up as Compile error: Sub or Function not defined? Also, when you clicked on it, did the form actually pop up? Also, I don't understand what do you mean by you can reproduce my issues?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Disregard post #8, I was able to reproduce it.

I got the error and the error has to do with a function that doesn't exist in that database---MyIsNull(). It's in a module in the original database that you didn't copy over to this new one.

msouriya

Registered User.
Local time
Yay!!! I got it, thanks so much!!! Sometimes it takes someone else to ask the obvious question other than myself!!! I've been trying to figure this out for about 2 days! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom