Reporting Problems (1 Viewer)

dbrooks

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:40
I know I need a form to create some criteria for inputting date ranges, ID's, ext. (I'll try looking through previous topics). However I'm having trouble finding a simple way of reporting on this criteria. I have a simple survey database in which users in *ONE* record will have to answer "Present" "Absent" or "N/A" to 140 different questions. The other information they need is a date, their ID, and a choice for over 7 different department they are reporting on. What I'd like to be able to do is to create a report that just summarises this information, ie. Have question 1 say what that question is, and depending on what the criteria is from the form, will base percentages on %present and %absent. Then the report would have question 2, ext. all the way down to question 140, if someone knows of any way to do this please let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it. The only line of code I could get to work was the following......
=IIf([Q51_Total]=0,0,((DCount("[index]","tbl_Survey","[Q51] = 'Present'"))/[Q51_Total])*100)
That is just one of the 140 different present %'s I'd need to create. Thanks

Chris RR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:40
I think that you'll have better luck if you think about it a little differently.

Your data is in the table. If you are still at the table design phase, I'd put the wording for your questions in a separate table. That way, you use the question wording on your form, and later on your report, and only store it once.

Next, you need to create a query that will give you the percentages you need for reporting. I'd start with getting the calculations for one question right. When that looks good, it's copy, paste and fix it up for the other questions.

Once you have this immense query, you base the report upon it. The report is pretty simple, then.

dbrooks

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:40
Thanks Chris I'll give that a try, now if I could just get this form to work for my reporting criteria I could use that correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom