reports and pdf export (1 Viewer)

H

hwdoyle

hi everybody,
i'm in the middle of my first access database, and i'm getting to the point where i want to make reports. i am used to doing this stuff via web interfaces and i can't believe how much time i'm saving with access!

i have my forms laid out the way i want them, and when i went to make reports i noticed i could only use tables and queries to base them on and was kind of hoping i could just base them on the forms without having to do the layout twice. is this possible?

my other question is regarding pdf. my employers have acrobat but are not very computer literate and i don't know if changing printers to the pdf viewer and back is going to work for them. is there a way to place a button on my form or an option for the report to click it and they get prompted to save as pdf?

not really sure what the best way to proceed is with the pdf, and the simplest way to create reports.

thanks for your help,
harry

keiths

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:34
pdf export of reports

Go to lebans web site. Browse thru his samples. In the reports section he has a sample database with a pdf export for reports.

FreddieLeaf

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:34
Not sure if this is the best approach, but it should work. Install this free PDF Creator program. It basically adds a printer to you available printers. You can then have your database print to this printer and it makes a PDF.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom