Reports & Sybase (1 Viewer)

Matt Leidemer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:53
I have an Access 97 DB that does all of its data processing (selects, inserts, deletes, updates) via Sybase stored procedures. Therefore, I have no tables or queries in my DB.

How can I create a report based on the data? I am NOT allowed to create even a temporary DB on the user's machine and hook the report up to that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

- Matt
leidemf@nu.com

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:53
That seems a little exreme. If they will allow you to link to the Sybase tables, you can create an Access query and use that as the recordsource for the report. You could also create a pass-through query and use that as the recordsource for the report. Otherwise, you will have to create a stored procedure to gather the data the report needs and then in the report's Load event, change the report's recordsource to execute the stored procedure. This last option will be very tricky. You'll probably have to create an Access query to use as you build the report otherwise you won't be able to bind the report fields to a recordsource.

Matt Leidemer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:53
Pat -

Thanx for the advice. Yeah, it's a little extreme (about not being able to create temp stuff) but that's the way it has to be done.
I created a pass-through query and linked the report to that. Thanx for your help!

- Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom