restricting \21\\ (1 Viewer)

jprma

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:22
Hi Fiends,

I have a form named TOOLS on which I have added a combo box named cboInitials that is used as criteria to a a query named SERSWORK.

This query showsup in a field with pecific expression:
Field: Initials: [forms]![TOOLS]![cboInitials]

In the combo I have stored 10 records that indicate the names of the users' of my database.

When I run the query, I select the user from the combo and obtain all the records that meet that criteria. Every month I need to save the work of each user and up to know I am repeating this procedure each time for each user.

Would I would like is a code that allows me to save all the users recordset at oncewith the exception of one user.
Is there a way I can restrict my query just to nine users'?

I have heard of Multiple Select but since I am not too familiar with cooding I was wandering if there was a simpler way.
Thanks

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:22
What if you set your query criteria to not include the one user?

<> "JohnDoe"

HTH

jprma

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:22
restricting criteria in queries

Thanks for your reply,
unfortunatly I cannot remove the criteria from my combo since the same is used for all the queries of my database.
The main difference is that I need to save each user's recordset into two different tables using two append queries.
One of these queries appends data referred to 9 of my users (listed in the combo) while the records which belong to another user (the 10th) are saved using another append query. As you can understand I run two different queries both of which have their criteria in the combo box.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom