Restricting Internet Access... (1 Viewer)

JaedenRuiner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:56
Okay,

I'm not really sure this is the best place to look, but whenever i look up "Domain Restriction" i get a bunch of security information. That's not what I mean, so I guess i need to ask other people my question, instead of trusting the handy help-file search engine.

What I want to do is create a "browsing only" computer. It will tragically be using Internet Explorer (but if i can do it through mozilla/firefox i'd love to know how too).

I'll be fullscreening the browser, and disabling many interface features so that the users can't change the settings.

But the KEY thing I want to do is restrict what they can browse too.
I don't want them going to search engines or anything like that. the computer should only be able to access 3 specific domain names, and all other names should be blocked...so if they type into the address bar: google.com it will just pop them back to the default home page.

Is this possible? Do i need to do some funky lmhost dns stuff or something?

Thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:56
Depending on which firewall you use you could configure this with preset rules that only allow access with IE to particular url's, for example in Outpost you would block IE then set a rules that allows access where the specified remote host is ........ and allow it and of course this can be applied on your internet firewall if you don't use locally installed firewalls. (you might have to experiment a little as I've not tried this with domains but I'm sure it's possible)

Or even better:
Use the features on your web server (if you have one) and this would depend on what O/S this runs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom